This is the latest available 2019-2020 road map database for Skoda Columbus Navigation systems. This update can be installed in the comfort of your own home in approximately 1-2 hours, no dealer interventions required and easy to follow installation instructions can be found here.
This also includes a firmware update.
You can check your current software and database version by accessing the hidden menu. You can do this by holding down the “Setup” button for 10 seconds and then selecting “Version info” onscreen. If you cannot access the hidden menu this means your current software version is older than 4XXX. This will update your navigation database and system firmware to the following versions:
- SW-Version: 5238
- Map version HDD: 8536
Skoda Columbus HDD navigation systems can be identified as they will always have 4 buttons on the left and right side of the screen along with an SD card reader usually at the bottom of the unit in the middle.
If you are unsure which navigation system your car is fitted with, please contact us.
Skoda Columbus HDD systems are usually fitted in the following models:
- Skoda Fabia (2007 - 2015)
- Skoda Octavia (2004 - 2008)
- Skoda Rapid (2012 - 2015)
- Skoda Roomster (2006 - 2015)
- Skoda Superb (2008 - 2015)
- Skoda Yeti
- Skoda Trinax
DVD1 (Western Europe)
United Kingdom, Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City
DVD2 (Eastern Europe)
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Austria, Poland , Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City, Belarus
In order to be able to react to traffic information TMC or TMCpro provide services in the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and Czech Republic.
Languages supported: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish.
Firmware upgrade change-log:
- Voice Control (requires microphone)
- DAB+ Support (from 5xxx)
- DAB Support (from 4xxx)
- Radio Text (from 4xxx)
- Faster navigation and user interface
- Automatic illumination control
- Enhanced destination input
- Hidden Menu enabled
- New POI
- New Languages – Arabic, Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Speed Limit Display
- Stability Improvements
- Faster Startup (from 2720 onwards)
- Display OPS and RVC at the same time
- SDHC 32 GB Support (HW04 and above)
- Display Off on extras tab
- Climatronic control if approriate climatronic fitted
- Clock display if RNS Columbus swtiched off
- Excluded roads (under route options)
- GPS coordinates entry
- Additional adjustments for video
- Larger RVC screen with transparent menus at the side
- Video in Motion is enabled
- 7 Digit Postcode Input is Enabled