[HOW TO] Audi MMI 3G Basic Navigation Update
This is a tutorial on how to update the road map data on Audi MMI 3G Basic navigation systems.
- Leave the engine running during the update procedure.
- Switch off the headlights, seat heating and climate control system.
- Remove all SD Cards/CD’s/DVD’s from the MMI system before beginning.
- Start the car, and let the MMI system initialise for 1-2 minutes before beginning.
- Do not remove the SD card or DVD from the MMI system during the update.
- If your current firmware version is below “BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1” it MUST be updated to "BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1” before proceeding with the map update. Please view the installation instructions for updating the firmware here.
- Read the complete guide before you start.
Updating the Nav. database version -
- Insert the navigation DVD or SD card into the CD/SD slot.
- You will be prompted with a message stating "New database found. Version: EUR 2019. Install database? Yes/No.
- Highlight Yes and push down on the central control knob.
- Wait a few minutes for the system to scan the data and the highlight Update and push down on the central control knob. The system may now reboot several times. Once the system reboots, the MMI will display the update progress of various devices. This is carried out automatically and does not require you to take any action.
- Once the update is complete you will be prompted with a message stating "Update successful nav. database 2019".
- Push down on the central control knob. The system will reboot one final time.
- The navigation update is now complete.
Activating the map database -
- Insert the activation SD card into SD card slot 1 and wait 15-30 seconds.
- Press down on the central control knob once and then remove the SD card.
- Wait 1 minute
- Perform a system reboot by pressing the SETUP BUTTON, CENTRAL CONTROL KNOB and UPPER RIGHT SELECTION BUTTON simultaneously. The screen will go black as you lift your fingers off the buttons and the system will restart.
- The activation is now complete.
WARNING: the activator we supply is a one time use FSC code. It becomes married to your cars VIN number upon installation. DO NOT attempt to use the activator in more than one vehicle. Doing so WILL cause the system to enter component protection mode. You have been warned!
Please note: If at any point the system enters a menu which is titled "Car" and you are unable to exit out of it, please perform a 3 button reboot by pressing the SETUP button, CENTRAL CONTROL KNOB and UPPER RIGHT SELECTION BUTTON simultaneously. The screen will go black as you lift your fingers off the buttons and the system will restart and the process will continue where you left off.